Turkey day is just around the corner…and if you’re hosting this year, you might be feeling the pressure right around this time with all of the work that goes into preparing a Thanksgiving feast. That’s why we’ve created the ultimate guide to help with all of your Thanksgiving needs – from local activities and events, to delicious food and drink recipes organized by category, to gorgeous table setting decor ideas and more. Read on for tips, tricks, and ideas for a gobblin’ good time!
Are you staying in town this year to celebrate Thanksgiving with friends and family? Explore local events, happenings, and volunteer opportunities that are taking place this holiday season.
Local Events and Activities
1. Now – December 31st: Friendsgiving at the Revival
2. Now – January 16th: Downtown Sacramento Ice Rink
3. November 24th – December 24th: Theatre of Lights at the Old Sacramento Waterfront
4. November 19th – 21st: Sacramento Fall Festival
5. November 19th – January 16th: Global Winter Wonderland 2021
6. November 19th – December 12th: Elf: The Musical
7. November 20th: Holiday Sip & Shop
8. November 23rd: Blooms & Bubbly: Thanksgiving Workshop
9. November 25th: Run to Feed The Hungry
10. November 25th: Historic Folsom Christmas Light Promenade
11. November 25th: Turkey Trot in Roseville
12. November 25th: Elk Grove Gobble Wobble
13. November 25th: Folsom Turkey Trot
1. Donate to Loaves and Fishes Holiday Headquarters
2. Donate to Animals at The Sacramento SPCA or Front Street Animal Shelter
3. Donate to Toys for Tots (contact me today to coordinate dropping off a new, unwrapped toy to one of our office locations)
4. Donate or Volunteer at the Sacramento Food Bank
From tasty appetizers and main meal items to drinks and desserts, these Thanksgiving recipes are sure to impress everyone at the dinner table this year. So get ready to “gobble til you wobble” with these classic Thanksgiving pairings!
Tasty Appetizers: While the mains tend to steal the show on Thanksgiving, these tasty apps will keep your hangry guests happy until dinner is served!
- Cranberry Brie Bites
- Turkey Veggie Tray
- Thanksgiving Deviled Eggs
- Turkey Cheese Ball
- Hot Spinach & Artichoke Dip
- Crockpot Cranberry BBQ Meatballs
- Bacon-Wrapped Brussels Sprouts
- Roasted Rosemary Cashews
- Savory Pumpkin Hummus
- Turkey Fruit Tray
Delicious Mains: You ain’t seen stuffin’ yet! These beloved mains will have your guests running back for seconds!
Let’s Talk Turkey:
Mashed Potato Mash-Up:
- Buttery-Herbed Mashed Potatoes
- Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- Cheesy Mashed Potato Casserole
- Scalloped Potatoes
- Garlic Mashed Cauliflower
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Sweet Potatoes & Marshmallows
Please Pass the Sides:
- Green Bean Casserole
- Apple Bacon Cranberry Salad
- Classic Thanksgiving Stuffing
- Homemade Cranberry Sauce
- Mom’s Famous Turkey Gravy
- Parmesan Roasted Carrots
- Easy Buttermilk Cornbread
- Homemade Dinner Rolls
- Garlic Mushrooms
- Best Homemade Mac & Cheese
Festive Drinks: From festive cocktails and punches to delicious mocktails, we have a drink for everyone to enjoy!
- Cranberry Champagne Cocktail
- Thanksgiving Sangria
- Smoky Harvest Apple Cider Margarita
- Apple-Brandy Hot Toddies
- Thanksgiving Punch (Non-Alcoholic)
- Apple Cider Mimosas
- Pumpkin Spice Mules
- Thanksgiving Jungle Juice
- Cranberry Jello Shots
- Cranberry Lime Mocktail (Non-Alcoholic)
Delectable Desserts: Give em pumpkin’ to talk about with these over-the-top Thanksgiving pies.
- Thanksgiving Tri-Pie
- Grandma’s Apple Pie
- Perfect Pumpkin Pie
- Best-Ever Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Pecan Pie
- Sweet Potato Pie
- Cheesecake Apple Pie
- Skillet Caramel Apple Pie
- Brown Butter Maple Chess Pie
- Gingersnap Pumpkin Pie
Whether you’re hosting for the first time or the tenth time, your table sets the tone for your Thanksgiving feast. Create a table that’s dressed to impress with these eye-catching ideas and designs. Bonus: they won’t break the bank.
1. Set the Scene with a Harvest Centerpiece: Set the scene for your Thanksgiving feast with this show-stopping (and all-natural) apples and leaves tablescape, this gorgeous DIY cranberry candle centerpiece, or this pumpkin planter centerpiece. You can also fill the center of your table with a colorful display of pumpkins, gourds, nuts, fruits, veggies, or seasonal blooms.
2. Go Rustic This Year: Add warmth to your Thanksgiving table with white pumpkins and candles to create this lovely rustic table setting. Carry on the rustic theme to each place setting with these rustic wood table name holders and these rustic napkin rings from Amazon.
3. Add a Pop of Color with Florals: Take your Thanksgiving dinner to the next level with flowers galore. Create a simple yet elegant table by pairing your best white dishes with seasonal flowers – think orange, yellow, and red – to add a pop of color to your table.
4. Create a Kid-Friendly Tablescape: Don’t forget about the kiddos! Entertain your younger guests with a kid-friendly tablescape. Simply cover it in craft paper and add crayons to each place setting to keep them drawing all night long.
Sending warm, heartfelt wishes from my home to yours this Thanksgiving!